Families or individuals wishing to apply for the Public Housing Program must complete the following when the Public Housing Agency (PHA) is accepting applications.
• Written application for admission
• Provide picture ID’s for all household members 18 years of age and older
• Provide social security cards for all household members
• Birth certificates or custodial and or guardianship papers
Housing Authority of Rock Hill IS accepting applications at this time.
The application for admission is dated and time stamped and processed for preliminary eligibility and placement on the waiting list.
To meet preliminary eligibility requirements for the Public Housing Program, a family or individual must meet certain selection criteria as outlined in the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan (ACOP).
• Completed application with supporting documentation (as listed above)
• Meet not exceed income limits as defined by HUD
• Meet Citizenship/Eligible immigration status
• Local preferences
The application for admission is placed on the waiting list after preliminary determination of eligibility is completed according to date and time of application. An application may remain on the waiting list for a period of 18-36 months or longer depending on availability of units and size of unit required.
Final Determination of Eligibility
When the application for admission reaches the top of the waiting list and a unit is available, a final determination of eligibility is processed. The applicant must meet PHA’s qualifications for admissions criteria in accordance with the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan (ACOP). Additionally, the PHA will examine relevant information pertaining to past and current habits or practices to include but not limited to:
• Past performance in meeting financial obligations especially rent and utilities
• Record of disturbances, destruction of property, poor housekeeping habits or any other actions that adversely affected other residents or neighbors
• History of criminal activity on the part of any applicant or family member
• Debts owed to any Public Housing Agency
Applicants who are determined ineligible for admission are notified in writing stating the reason for denial. The applicant will be provided an opportunity for an informal hearing.
Once final determination of eligibility is established, a written notification will be sent to the applicant. When a unit of appropriate size is available, an offer will be made by the Public Housing Agency.